Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Basic is intended for adults interacting with adults (18 years and older). This course focuses on the four most common mental health disorders including substance related, mood related, anxiety and trauma related, and psychotic disorders. Participants who take this course are well prepared to interact confidently about mental health with their family, friends, communities, and workplaces. This course is not training to be a counsellor, therapist or mental health professional.
Length of Course: 12 – 14 Hours
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Recertification recommended every 2-3 years
- Learn First Aid for different Mental Health areas including Substance-related disorders, Mood-related disorders, Anxiety and trauma-related disorders and Psychotic disorders
- Increase your awareness of the signs and symptoms of the most common mental health problems
- Decrease stigmas or misconceptions related to mental health
- Increase your confidence interacting with someone experiencing a mental health problem or crisis
- Learn to assist individuals developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis
*The cost of this course may be covered by some employers as it relates to workplace health and safety and professional development.