This fast-paced course is designed for the experienced BLS provider (those who are confident in their BLS skills through regular use in their work in the ED, CCU, ICU on code team, or paramedics and first responders) who can demonstrate knowledge through written and skills assessment in a concentrated program.
All participants are expected to be highly proficient BLS providers. This is not entry-level course. Students who are unsuccessful in the skills or knowledge test will have to take a full BLS Provider course.
Students must bring their current (dated within the last 12 months) Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS provider course completion card. A printed version of your ecard is acceptable. Students can also show their Instructor a copy of their ecard on an electronic device by logging into their portal account.
Length of Course: 3 hours
- You MUST have a valid HCP Certificate within 1 year of issue
- You will be asked to show your valid Heart & Stroke certificate at the course
- Approved by Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Re-training required every year PRIOR TO EXPIRY DATE
- Adult and Child CPR – One and Two Rescuer
- AED Training
- Infant CPR
- Artificial Respiration
- Adult, Child and Infant Obstructed Airway Management
- Advanced Airway Management – Bag Valve Mask
- Recovery Position
- Recognizing Signs and Symptoms of Heart Attack
- Reducing Risk Factors of Heart Disease
- Healthy Heart Living (Lifestyles)
- Disease Transmission and Barrier Devices
- Special Situations
Offering courses since 1992, Second Chance CPR & First Aid is a long-standing delivery partner with the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada.
BLS CPR Renewal
Available Spaces: 9