Falls from height are among the most common causes of serious work-related injuries and deaths in the workplace. This comprehensive fall protection training was developed to meet the highest standards for training in most Canadian jurisdictions using Canadian Standards Associations (CSA) Z259.
Designed to educate the worker in the planning, use, care and implementation of common fall protection systems, it includes both theory and practical application exercises. Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting and connecting fall protection systems and components.
Length of Course: 8 hours
- Energy Safety Canada
- CSA Recognized
- Valid 3 years
- Complies with Industry and Workplace Health and Safety Standards
- Why fall protection is important
- Legislative roles and responsibilities
- Identifying and assessing fall hazards, hierarchy of controls, and development of fall protection and safe work procedures
- Types of fall arrest systems, equipment and components
- The use, care, storage, maintenance and inspection of fall protection equipment, systems and components
- Fall protection system forces and clearances
- Effects of falls and fall rescue planning
Mandatory Practical Course Requirements:
- Students must demonstrate guidelines for the pre-use inspection, donning and doffing of a full body harness, including partner check
- Students must perform a clearance calculation
- Students must complete pre-use inspection of equipment to identify when to remove fall protection equipment from service Instructor Candidate
Please note that government issued photo identification is required for this course and will be verified by the instructor. Failure to bring the above I.D. will result in a student not receiving certification.