Please contact us directly by phone to book into this course. We can be reached at 780-429-6757 M-F between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
Please note that the courses listed on our calendar are combined (Forklift Operator and Telehandler Operator) The combined course is 8 hours and costs $245.00 plus GST
If you wish to take only Forklift Operator Training, course details are below:
Forklift Operator Length of Course: 4-6 hours ($170 plus GST)
Length of Course: 4-6 hours
Must have a Valid Drivers License
- Touchback Safety Inc.
- Complies with Industry and Workplace Health and Safety Standards
Forklift Operator Training for Class 4&5 can be done at Touchback Safety and if any other *classifications are required we can provide this training at your site and the Forklift must be provided.
*Forklifts have 7 Classifications, the practical must be completed the specific class of Forklift that you are operating.
*Onsite group training is available for all classes including 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7. Equipment for an onsite training must be provided.
This course includes:
- Familiarization with the requirements of WH & S Regulation.
- Completing both formal instruction and hands on training under the direction of a competent, experienced trainer.
- Operator will exhibit an awareness of the purpose, function and basic concepts of forklift operation.
- Types and purposes of different decals associated with forklift
- Operator will demonstrate knowledge and use of control functions
- Operator will demonstrate a thorough understanding of forklift steering and manoeuvrability.
- Possess an ability to adequately judge the available visibility to ensure safe operation.
- Be able to quickly and accurately determine machine capacity and stability for various types of loads.
- Perform machine pre-use inspection.
- Identify the condition of the surfaces for safe operation.
- Demonstrate the ability to manipulate, stack and unstack the type of loads to be handled
- Identify hazardous locations on the work site.
- Be capable of safely operating on ramps and other sloped surfaces.
- Be evaluated by the employer for safe operation under working conditions.