The Common Safety Orientation (CSO) course is intended for new workers in the oil and gas industry. With content that is driven and endorsed by industry, CSO provides consistent safety messaging that clearly explains safe work practices and eliminates the need for redundant general orientation training.
Length of Course: 4 hours
- Energy Safety Canada Accredited (Formerly Enform and OSSA)
- Complies Workplace Health & Safety Standards
- Recognized World Wide
- Valid 3 years
- Personal accountability for a safe work environment
- Arriving ready to work
- Major hazards in the oil and gas industry
- The Life Saving Rules
- Worksite maintenance
- Emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Reporting incidents and near misses
- Safe work communications
- Contributing to a respectful workplace
Student will receive certificate upon successful completion of both written exam and practical evaluation.
This course replaces eGSO, PST and BSO certifications.